Visa launches phase two of eCommerce Starter Pack with SHOPLINE to help more businesses sell online
● Visa and SHOPLINE provide SMEs with new incentives to create user-friendly online stores, simply and securely, on a comprehensive eCommerce platform.
● Business owners and operators can save up to HKD7,195 on new subscription packages, including online-to-offline bundle and social commerce plans.
● Nearly 3 in 5 (57%) small and medium enterprises in Hong Kong are selling products online for the first time, risen from 2 in 5 (40%) in June last year – higher than the global average of 44%, according to Visa’s latest global research.1
Visa announced today the launch of eCommerce Starter Package in partnership with SHOPLINE. The new eCommerce Starter Package enables SMEs in Hong Kong to set up simply and sell quickly through SHOPLINE’s online platform.
Maaike Steinebach, General Manager, Visa Hong Kong and Macau said: “Consumer habits have irrevocably changed as the result of the pandemic. In Hong Kong, more than half of total spending is now online;1 most consumers will continue with this new habit long after the pandemic. On the back of the success of our first eCommerce Starter Package launched last May, this year Visa follows up with phase two to help merchants sell online and secure new revenues.”
SHOPLINE provides SMEs with end-to-end Commerce solutions, through user-friendly dashboard and online business tools, including customer relationship management, payment and logistics integration, and customer and community support. To date, more than 250,000 brands are using SHOPLINE.
Plato Wai, General Manager of SHOPLINE Hong Kong said: “SHOPLINE and Visa are committed to bringing revenue-boosting opportunities to the retail and eCommerce industries. This partnership will provide all-rounded support to businesses of all sizes seeking to explore their online presence and expand their online retail business. With our comprehensive Smart Commerce Solutions, together we continue to support the ambitions of merchants across the globe who aspire to go online and beyond borders.”
Visa eCommerce Starter Package includes:3
- Savings of up to HK$2,598 or 20% discount on Online Shop Bundle Package, when paying with Visa for new annual subscription in the first year. Package includes eCommerce starter plan, social commerce plan, and one add-on module. Modules are additional plug-ins/tools to help users optimize their eCommerce stores.
- Savings of up to HK$7,195 or 30% discount on O2O Bundle Package, when paying with Visa for new annual subscription in the first year. Package includes eCommerce starter plan, social commerce plan, a retail POS plan, and three add-on modules.
- First 50 registrants of any of the offers above get one extra add-on module for free.
- A 14-day free trial is offered for every applicant.
Visa’s recent global study found nearly 3 in 5 (57%) small and medium enterprises in Hong Kong are selling products online for the first time, risen from 2 in 5 (40%) in June last year – higher than the global average of 44%.1
For full details of eCommerce Starter Package, please visit Visa’s webpage.
1 Visa Back to Business Study – 2021 Outlook
3 Terms and conditions apply
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit About Visa, visa.com/blog and @VisaNews.
Founded in 2013 and a member of the Silicon Valley-based 500 Startups accelerator in 2014, SHOPLINE is Asia’s biggest smart commerce platform, with offices in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ho Chi Minh City, Shenzhen, and Kuala Lumpur.
SHOPLINE always prioritises its customers and aims to support brands of all sizes to achieve local and international growth together with an omnichannel presence. To date, SHOPLINE has helped over 250,000 merchants open their online stores, including well-known brands such as Durex, Bee Cheng Hiang, Hiwalk, and SLIMWORLD.
● Official website: https://shopline.hk/
● Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShopLineApp/